There are lots of Popular eCommerce WordPress themes for the e-commerce shopping cart business’s. One of the best WordPress e-commerce theme of all times is the Flatsome theme, about this theme you can find details on this page in a bit. I would like to mention other notable themes that we truly recommend for both novices to experts in this industry. Every theme is unique in their own way so another one listed below may suite your taste buds rather than the best-selling one.
Before selecting a WordPress as an E-Commerce platform, read the reasons on following page – Why choose WordPress as an E-Commerce platform. As well get the more information on – How to use WordPress as an E-Commerce Store. There are things to know and it’s better to be well-informed then have little information. Let’s get started with the themes as I know you are so eager to see what we recommend this year.
Without further ado, here are our most Popular eCommerce WordPress Themes of 2017:
1. MayaShop – A Flexible Responsive e-Commerce Theme
The MayaShop theme is a beautiful theme with an elegant and minimal look to it. Nothing is to flashy with this theme but yet it comes with numerous features to run a full shop business. With 9 different homepage layouts to choose from, you can say this theme is customizable. You can even edit the theme files to enhance this theme even more. Here are the features of this theme.
Maya Shop Features
- Layout boxed or stretched style
- Extensive Admin Panel
- 960 grid system layout
- 12 custom widgets
- Custom post type for testimonials and faqs
- Unlimited “features tab”
- Unlimited sidebars
- 3 different blog styles: big or small image and elegant style
- Translation-ready theme
- PrettyPhoto (really nice Lightbox clone)
- Video tutorials: how to set ALL the theme
- Blog page + thread comments
- Well Documented
- HTML File support
2. Legenda – Responsive Multi-Purpose WordPress Theme
The Legenda is a multi-purchase theme which means, you will have 16 different niche demo’s to choose from to create your shop theme. This is a powerful plugin packed with so much. Let’s talk about the features now.
- Free Lifetime updates!
- Fully Responsive
- Based on Twitter Bootstrap
- Advanced Theme Panel
- Visual Page Composer
- WooCommerce Plugin Ready
- AJAX Filter
- Different Blog layouts: Grid / List / Timeline
- Different Shop Page Layout (5,4,3 products per row)
- Testimonials Widget
- Improved Checkout Process
- Advanced Grid System
- Custom Product Page Layout
- Easy Installation with Video Tutorials
- Includes Amazing Revolution Slider Plugin
- XML with demo content
- A Lot of Shortcodes
- Vector Icons Plugin
- Custom Widgets (Twitter, Flickr)
- Unlimited Color Options
- Typography options
- WPML plugin ready
- Wide and Boxed layout
- HTML5/CSS3 code
- Cross-Browser Compability
- Child Theme Compatible
- 2 Variants of Contact page
- Custom Registration Page
- Product Image Hover (swap and enlarge)
- Custom Headers
- Product Image Zoom
- Sizing Guide on product page
- Custom Tabs on product page
- Categories Accordion
- “SALE” and “NEW” products
- Custom Blog Layouts
- Possibility to change layout for any page or post
- Google Maps and Charts
- Use Legenda as a Catalogue
- Shop Shortcodes
- Editable product image sizes
- Tabs and Accordion
- Video Shortcodes
3. Bazar Shop – Multi-Purpose e-Commerce Theme
The Bazar Shop theme’s homepage really got my attention. It really showcase’s your shop business way more than the actual blog. Then again, the business is more important than the blog regardless. Showcase products, showcase your social media profiles plus way much more. Below are a few theme features.
Bazar Shop Features
- Wishlist feature
- Zoom effect in the product detail page
- Popup plugin included to show offers and news
- Megamenu with images support; List/grid view in the products page
- 2 custom checkout pages (a nice tabbed checkout page)
- “Catalog mode” to use the theme like a catalog, without the cart option and with a “product enquiry form”
- Filterable faqs
- Shortcode manager with 300+ shortcodes
- …and so on!
4. The Retailer – Responsive WordPress Theme
The The Retailer is a multi-purpose theme created mainly for Online Stores, a Portfolio business or Personal/Corporate blogs. Then again, use this theme for any niche as you can customize it to suite your needs. The huge homepage widget has a special effect, it’s a short .gif image. If you can make a video of your business office for this widget, that has a nice effect to the atmosphere. This theme is well documented and I checked the documents out because I wanted to know how to enable certain features. Truly an amazing theme in its own right.
5. Shopkeeper – eCommerce WP Theme for WooCommerce
The Shopkeeper theme has over 8 homepage layouts to choose from and that’s just the start of this featured rich theme. The background image is unique and a good look. Display products on the homepage in a bit of style. This theme is a fast loading theme if you don’t go overboard with plugins. Speed matters with any online business. Here are the notable features.
- Adjustable Background Colors
- Adjustable Text Colors
- Enable / Disable Smooth Page Loading Transition
- Extend with your custom CSS
- Comes with a starter Child Theme for advanced customization
- 700+ Google Webfonts;
- Free Adobe Typekit Integration Addon;
- 2 Premium Webfonts (Neue Einstallung, Radnika);
- Adjustable Font Sizes;
- Adjustable Font Colors
- Easy Logo Uploading;
- Adjustable Logo Size;
- Option to have an alternative logo on mobiles;
- Centered Logo / Split Navigation;
- Transparent Header & Page Specific Color Schemes;
- Hamburger / Off-Canvas Navigation
- 3 Blog Layouts: Masonry, Classic, Modern;
- Blog With Sidebar;
- Pagination Options: Classic 123, Load More Button, Infinite Scrolling
- and much more..
6. Flatsome | Multi-Purpose Responsive WooCommerce Theme
The Flatsome is the number 1 eCommerce theme on ThemeForest and has been for a long time. It’s easy to see why after browsing around the demo version and looking at its features. Support is excellent with this theme as I did some research on this theme before hand. Check out a couple features and the demo version will just blow your mind away.
- Free Lifetime updates!
- WordPress 4.4+ Ready
- WooCommerce 2.4, 2.5, 2.6+ Ready
- WPML Ready (.po files included)
- SEO Optimised
- Drag and Drop Page Builder
- Online Documentation – http://docs.uxthemes.com/
- Supports Chrome, Safari, Firefox, IE8+
- Catalog Mode Option (Hide cart and checkout functionality)
- Easy Updates using Envato WordPress Toolkit
- Child Theme included
- Demo content included!
- PSD files and assets included
Wrapping It Up
A lot of people thinking starting an online business is easy but they will find out it is not if you do not plan ahead and forest different scenario’s that may come up. You can have the greats theme in the world but if your know nothing about running a business, you will fail. We have some blog posts on running a ecommerce/woocommerce business on this blog. Do search around and please ask question’s. That’s the best way to learn is to as question’s.
Anyone using one of these popular themes? If so, share a full review of your experience in the comment section.