WordPress is an excellent platform to use for all kind of websites like publishing blogs, newspaper websites, magazine sites, universities and colleges, eCommerce and all kinds of business websites; you just name the type of activity, it is possible to run on a WordPress. As well, to manage all kind of activities related to websites, this platform is robust enough to be used for.
Email Newsletters is the best way to run a campaign to increase the user’s interaction and customer base. Although it is a little harsh job to manage emails and subscribers on a WordPress platform. But with the help of WordPress plugins, this work could be easy to create and manage email management system under the WordPress admin area. By using different WordPress Plugins especially for newsletters and email marketing give you a lightweight and user-friendly system to manage the subscribers and do the email marketing campaigns. Even with these plugins, you can create beautiful Email Newsletter Templates, can manage email lists, subscribers, and can get the stats and reports about all email related activities.
In this article, we will give you a brief introduction and walk you through the process of setting up the email marketing plugin and using it with your WordPress.
Newsletter Plugin is foremost the No.1 WordPress Plugin available in the market. It comes with a whole lot of features like any big company is offering. It’s one of the perfect alternatives of MailChimp, Aweber and other email newsletter providing services. If you need a good WooCommerce email marketing tool, you can stick with the MailChimp alternative, Omnisend.
Some of it’s highlighted features are:
- Multiple Mailing Lists
- Bounce Email Management
- Newsletter Queue & Scheduling
- Newsletter Templates
- Complete Email History
- Unlimited Sidebar Widgets
- Post/Page Opt-In Embedding
- Offsite Subscription Forms
- Publish Newsletter as a Post
- Send Post as a Newsletter
- Add Email Attachments
- SMTP Authentication
- Gmail SMTP Capability
- Ajax Powered Features
- Import/Export Subscribers
- Custom Dynamic Opt-In Fields
- Paid Subscriptions (PayPal & 2CheckOut)
- Integrates with the banner rotator plugin
- WordPress MU Compatible
- Unlimited Subscribers/Contacts
- Email Tracking
- IP Logging of Subscribers
- Updates Notification
- Newsletter Themes
- POP/IMAP Bounce Handling
- Latest Posts Subscription
- Unlimited emails/newsletters
- Single/Multiple Posts into Emails
- Bit.ly click tracking
- Newsletters by conditions
- Multilingual (qTranslate & WPML)
- Custom Post Types
- Link/click tracking
- DKIM Signature
- WordPress Dashboard Widget
This Newsletter plugin functionality can be extended via Add-Ons. Currently, there are some add-ons available and can be found here. Some of its favorite add-ons are:
- WooCommerce Subscribers
- Events Manager Subscribers
- Contact Form 7 Subscribers
- Google Analytics
- Embedded Images
- Gravity Forms Subscribers
- Bloom Subscribers
- Profile Builder Subscribers
- Send to Friend
- Special Dates Autoresponder
- Formidable Subscribers
- Total MS Control
- Total Control
- s2Member Subscribers
- Digital Access Pass
- WP eMember Subscribers
WordPress Newsletter Plugin comes with many pre-built Email templates and further templates can be purchased here. It comes with Magazine, E-commerce and other related templates.
SendPress is designed to be lightweight and user-friendly for anyone from beginner to advanced developer alike. Once installed you can be sending emails in a matter of minutes. Set your from email, name and use the simple template designer to style your emails.
ActiveCampaign has created a WordPress plugin for quickly integrating subscription forms into your WordPress blogs & websites. You can easily embed subscription forms without any coding needed! You can then upgrade WordPress at any time without losing your subscription form code/placements.
4. WordPress Email Newsletter Plugin
The email newsletter plugin is an advanced bulk emailer designed primarily for WordPress 3. It is very easy to use and feature rich. Heaps of features which allow you to send professional newsletters to your existing WordPress user database quickly.
5. WP SimpleMail
SimpleMail is an email client for WordPress. It allows you to connect to an IMAP compatible email account (such as a Gmail account) to check and send an email. Support for multiple users is included allowing all of your users to access their individual email accounts or share an account. You can also manage your contacts and automatically record commenter’s email addresses.
All in One email for WordPress is an extension for WordPress email plugin that adds features are missing natively:
- “From” email field editor to replace WordPress defaults.
- SMTP support to allow sending emails through an external server.
- HTML emails with a stylish template instead of plain text.
- WYSIWYG template editor and previewer.
- System emails editor (new user registration, password retrieval, comment notifications, etc.)
- WP-E-commerce and BuddyPress emails theming
- Multisite compatible!
- SMTP authentication and SSL.
- Built-in test email sender to catch errors early.
- Straightforward and sleek interface.
7. WordPress Email Ticket Support Plugin
This Premium WordPress Plugin is for anyone who provides support to their customers via email. Just install this plugin on your WordPress blog, and you will be up and running with a great email ticketing system in no time.
The same features available here for WordPress are now available as a separate product for the Ultimate Client Manager. The UCM allows you to keep track of your customers, invoices, and projects. You can now process email ticket support requests within UCM (just like you can with this WordPress plugin!) Please click here for more information about this new UCM plugin.
8. Premium WordPress Announcements Plugin
This plugin will make it incredibly easy to create announcements about meeting times, bug fixes, feature updates, event planning, and anything else!
- Manage Announcements with the WordPress post editor
- Email notification for announcements to registered users
- Popup jQuery notification for latest announcement
- Categorize Announcements
- Recent Announcements Widget
- Announcement Categories Widget
- WordPress shortcodes for easy Announcement listing on any page
- Multiple display options
- WordPress Post Thumbnail Support
- “Additional Details” display
- External link option for things such as Ticket Sales
- Works natively with any WordPress theme
- Easy to customize to fit your theme just right
- Detailed screencast and documentation
If you’ve been looking for an easy way to manage your announcements, this is it.
9. Simple Mail Chimp Signup Forms
Mail Chimp is one of the net’s most popular email newsletter services. This is a little plugin that adds several ways for you to add email list signup forms to your WordPress website.
When a visitor fills out the form, they are immediately added to your email subscription list.
The plugin is very simple, yet very effective. Signup forms can be displayed using any of three different methods:
- Dedicated widget
- Template tag (for advanced users)
10. Transpose Email
Putting your email address in a blog post is an open invitation to spammers. There are several methods to prevent this, like using a contact form or obfuscating your email.
11. Email Users
A plugin for WordPress which allows you to send an email to the registered blog users. Users can send personal emails to each other. Power users can email groups of users and even notify the group of users of posts.
All the instructions for installation, the support forums, FAQs, etc… can be found on the plugin homepage.
This Plugin defines the email that is sent to new users when they first register on your blog. You can set the subject, message body and from email address and name. It also defines the message body and subject for the email sent to the blog administrator. The plugin allows HTML in the emails.
13. Email Commenters
Sometimes you want an easy way to e-mail all the people who commented on a post. Up till now, that took a bit of work; now it’s as easy as installing this plugin, and clicking the mail icon, you’ll get in the toolbar. You can also do the same from the edit comments page for single commenters.
Both of these functions will allow for far easier interaction with your commenters.
Allows you to add a Feedburner Email Subscription widget to one of your sidebars.
15. WP Autoresponder And Newsletter Plugin
This is an email newsletter and autoresponder plugin. With this plugin you can create:
- Create unlimited number of newsletter lists
- Create follow-up email responses that can be scheduled to go out after a specific number of days since the subscriber subscribes.
- Add subscription forms to your sidebar using widgets.
- Provide email subscriptions to your blog without using third party services like Feedburner
- Generate subscription forms and then use them on your website anywhere.
- Collect more information about your subscribers by generating custom fields for your subscription forms.
- Schedule e-mail broadcasts to your email newsletters in Text/HTML. You can even send the broadcast to specific sections of your newsletter by selecting them using the custom fields.
- Provide email subscription to specific categories in your blog
- Import your subscribers from Feedburner and Aweber.
- Define rules to unsubscribe users from one newsletter if they subscribe to another bulletin.
Email Subscription Box After Post Content helps to insert a Feedburner email subscription box after every post content.
17. WP Better Emails
All emails from WordPress (lost password, notifications, etc.) are sent by default in text/plain format. WP Better Emails wraps them with a much better looking customizableHTML email template and lets you also set your sender name and email address.
- WP Better Emails comes with a default straightforward and clean template that has been tested on various and popular email clients like Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Hotmail/Live, AOL, Outlook, Apple Mail and much more. This to ensure your emails will always display nicely in your recipient mailbox. But you can, of course, design your own.
- WP Better Emails lets you send sample emails to test and preview your custom HTML email template.
18. WP SuperMailer
The WP SuperMailer allows you to choose a mailing engine and to send out e-mails to your subscribers with every new blog post or custom post type entry you make. The plugin currently supports Net Results or Cakemail as mailing engines, but we’re looking at adding more shortly.
Subscribe2 provides a comprehensive subscription management and email notification system for WordPress blogs that send email notifications to a list of subscribers when you publish new content to your blog.
Never use WordPress automatic upgrade: if you have any customized file, WordPress will delete them!
- Style your HTML and plain text emails with dedicated themes and templates.
- Double opt-in subscription.
- Subscriptions to Comments, Newsletters/Post notifications and even to Mailing lists.
- Newsletters/Post notifications on a per post, daily, weekly, monthly basis.
- Optional: full control on all emails sent by WordPress.
21. HTML Emails
HTML Emails convert the default plain-text email notifications into fully customizable, sweet-looking’ HTML emails. Emails are sent with regular plain-text versions for email clients that don’t support HTML emails. Note: they’re somewhat crude because they’re auto-generated. I may decide to add decent-looking plain-text versions in the future, but that’s low priority.
WordPress is one of the most developer friendly platforms, and one can do just anything imaginable on it. Managing Emails and Integrating WordPress with other email providers is a breeze. If you have known a great plugin or WordPress Email Management plugin, do let us know in the comments section below.