If you think that visual learning is better than reading, this is the list of well explained video tutorials which help you to develop your WordPress skill. These tutorials are very helpful if you are a WordPress Theme Developer as well Bloggers those using WordPress.
WordPress theme development
WordPress is a hugely popular CMS for blogging. The blog section of CSS-Tricks is run on WordPress and I am very happy with it. By popular request, we are going to walk through designing for WordPress. Also check out part 2 and part 3.
It’s WordPress Week here at CSS-Tricks, so I wanted to so a WordPress-themed screencast and cover a lot of mini-tips that haven’t made it into previous WordPress screencasts.
Learn how to create a WordPress site that’s more of a fully-featured content management system (like Drupal or Joomla) rather than a blogging platform using a few tools at your disposal such as the SimplePie WordPress plugin.
This video tutorial is showing how to work with some WordPress theme codes, that is how to add autoresponder code to the blog sidebar, how to put banner in the single post and similar things that can help you to modify the theme and blog to your needs. You’ll learn about some Theme Template tags in WordPress.
Instructional video on how to install and configure the wp-twitip-id plugin for WordPress blogs. 5 minutes and you can include a field for your commentators to add their twitter ID.
WordPress Kubrick Theme, the default theme for WordPress blogs, has a very ugly header graphic. In this easy to follow video tutorial you’ll learn how to change it to a great custom image in just 3 minutes!
This video tutorial shows you how to create a theme widget for WordPress.
Learn how to create a WordPress plugin that follows the WordPress plugin development guidelines.
WordPress Plugin Development Tutorial (Video & Reading)
Here it is, a video guide to creating your first WordPress plugin (in under 5 minutes!). The tutorial assumes you have some very basic PHP knowledge… syntax, function declarations, etc. Click here to watch
WordPress Plugins allow easy modification, customization, and enhancement to a WordPress blog. Instead of changing the core programming of WordPress, you can add functionality with WordPress Plugins.
For any WordPress user, plugins are essential. WordPress Plugins allow those with little to no programming skills to extend the functionality of their blog.
This tutorial will describe the implementation of a WordPress plugin starting from scratch. The plugin will connect to an external OSCommerce database and display random products on your WordPress site.
This tutorial will guide you through every step of building a simple, widgetized WordPress plugin with settings.
Despite an extensive codex, many WordPress users remain unfamiliar with how to create their own custom plugins. In today’s screencast, we’ll start from scratch and build our first usable plugin.
Learning to develop a WordPress plugin can be both fun and rewarding. In this Tutorial we will go over how to make a simple Hello World plugin that you can create.
There are often plugins created for basic extended functionality, but what happens when you can’t find the perfect plugin for your needs? It might be easier to just create the plugin yourself.
Nice video tutorial on plugin development.
Anyone can create useful WordPress plugins without being a hacker.
Listed below are seven reasons why a WordPress user should consider writing a WordPress plugin.
An example of an action would be that you want a execute some code after a user has published a post or left a comment.
WordPress filters allow to you modify virtually any kind of text displayed and are extremely powerful.
This tutorial will go into what it takes to successfully create an admin panel for your plugin.
This tutorial will go over the steps to add in your own User’s Administration Panel.
After you have finished writing your awesome WordPress plugin, there are a few things to consider before releasing and promoting your WordPress plugin.
The primary target audience is blog authors and editors using WordPress to manage their web-based content.
- Add Images In Your Content
- Enabling Comments on Posts and Password Protecting Content
- Inserting a Hyperlink Within Your Content
- Inserting a Post Into a Category and Adding Tags
- Post Excerpts
- Reviewing Post Details
- Scheduling a Post
- Start a New Post
- WYSIWYG Editor Tour – Part 1
- WYSIWYG Editor Tour – Part 2
- Manage posts, pages, links, categories, tags
- Manage Comments
- Designing for WordPress: Part One: Download, Install, “Reset” Theme
- Designing for WordPress: Part Two: Structure
- Designing for WordPress: Part Three: Finishing Touches, Extra Stuff
- Hodgepodge of WordPress Tricks
- WordPress as a CMS
- How to login to WP Dashboard
- How to Activate Your Theme
- How to write a Post
- How to write a Page
- How to Add New Users
- How to Moderate Comments
- How to use Widgets
- How to use the Links feature
- Using the Media Library
- Using the WP Gallery Feature
- How to install WordPress
- How to install WordPress manually
- How to get started with WordPress by writing posts, creating pages in WordPress, etc
- How to arrange your blog posts in categories
- How to manage comments in WordPress
- How to change the theme of your WordPress site
- How to install WordPress plugins
- How to create a backup of WordPress
- How to secure WordPress
- How to upgrade WordPress
- How to protect WordPress from spam
- How to create a simple WordPress theme
- How to optimize WordPress for search engines – WordPress SEO;
- Installing and configuring WordPress (covers WordPress 2.3, Installing 1 video, configuring 8 videos)
- Customizing the WordPress Text Editor
- Introduction to building WordPress themes ( How to build WP theme from scratch)
- Building a WordPress Template Part 1 of 3
- Building a WordPress Template Part 2 of 3
- Building a WordPress Template Part 3 of 3
- WordPress Tutorial: Adding a Hyperlink
- Setting up an email group (or forwarder) in Google Apps
- Setting up a new email address in Google Apps
- WordPress Tutorial: Cleaning Up Microsoft Word Formatting
- WordPress Tutorial: Simple Image Gallery with Captions
- WordPress Tutorial: Creating a simple post (2.6.1)
- WordPress Tutorial: Uploading images and adding captions (2.6.1)
- WordPress Tutorial: Image Captions and Text Alignment
- WordPress Tutorial: Uploading PDFs
- Post Icons
- Setting up a member/user directory in WordPress
- Add an event in WordPress
- Extended Profile
- Random Quotes
- Simple Page Edit in WordPress
- Lost Password, Update User Info
- Using CSS and Blockquote
- WordPress Overview
- Add a twitter field to your form (WordPress) wp-twitip-id
- How to put a Custom Header in your WordPress Blog
- WordPress Post-Install Steps
- Setup Xampp & WordPress
- 10 Tips To Make WordPress Hack-Proof
- WordPress Tutorial: How to Upload PDFs
- How to change your WordPress permalinks
- How to add an Aweber Signup Box to your WordPress blog
- WordPress Cforms Contact Form Tutorial
- WordPress Blog and Auto Tagger
- How to make a wordpress plugin
- John Pozadzides: 45 Ways to Power Up Your Blog
- What’s a tag? How do I add tags to my posts? How do I manage tags?
- What’s a category? How do I add and manage categories?
- Schedule a Post for future
- How do I write WordPress blog posts with the ScribeFire Firefox add-on?
- How do I add documents or other media to my blog posts?
- Bringing content into WordPress from Microsoft Word
- Using Windows Live Writer
- HTTPS Configuration Why use?
- Make a “Back to Top” Link
- Create your first widget
- How to Activate a New WordPress Theme
- WordPress 2.7 Dashboard Basic Introduction
- How to Upload & Link to a PDF, Microsoft Word doc, or other doc
- How to Make a “Child” Page (Subpage) and How to Hide Sidebar Widget Link
- How To Install WordPress Plugins Easily In 2.7+
Other Tutorial Sites and Articles:
- 20 WordPress Theme Frameworks And Starting Resources
- A Crash-Course in WordPress Plugin Development (Learn how to create Your first plugin)
- WordPress Screencast Tutorial: Post Edit Panel Hack
- Top 50 WordPress Tutorials from Tuts+
- 10 Killer WordPress Hacks
- 8 Useful WordPress SQL Hacks
- 60+ Quality WordPress Video Tutorials
- GotMyIdea WordPress Video Tutorials
- 101 Techniques for a Powerful CMS using WordPress