WordPress is a popular content management system (CMS) that helps you to control the contents without any technical background easily. However, this is a multi-functioned key to open all the doors for you. If you want people to find your contents easily, then deep research and knowledge about Search Engine Optimization (SEO) are necessary.
Self-hosted WordPress blogs are probably the fastest way to get to the top of the natural search engine listings. There are thousands of WordPress plugins available, but here I will discuss only two that help with SEO and ultimately top search engine rankings.
Are you telling me that you don’t know about SEO? Don’t worry because WordPress will offer you a solution. All you need to do is select the right SEO plugin WordPress.
You will have many choices because there are a lot of SEO plugins exist in the WordPress plugins directory. To make it easy for you, this article will give you the showcase of two best WordPress SEO plugins which are perfectly designed to fulfill all SEO demands. There is no need to install a number of plugins. You just have to choose a single plugin from the two plugins that we are going to review. It will cater your all SEO needs.
Here we start discussing both plugins one by one. Let’s talk a look of WordPress SEO by Yoast first.
1. WordPress SEO by Yoast
- Fantastic UI design.
- Online resource.
- Extensive features.
- SEO feedback.
- Limited XML sitemap options.
- Too many features for users.
WordPress SEO by Yoast plugin allows you to integrate with Facebook open graph and Twitter metadata to make your site friendly with social networks. Mainly, the on-page analysis supported Linkdex. This SEO plugin WordPress will provide you with custom boxes in which meta description tag and keyword tag should be filled in. It will automatically check the keyword density in the article, URL, title tag and links (internal & external). Besides, you will be suggested of location to put the most effective keywords. Also, you can also use inbuilt Flesch Reading Ease scale feature which helps you optimize content for your readers and improve readability. And below are other features for your information:
- Allows edit robot.txt, .htaccess files.
- Easy to enable XML sitemap.
- RSS optimization.
- Import & Export functionality
- Multi-site Compatible.
How to setup WordPress SEO by Yoast
Because WordPress SEO by Yoast is an excellent plugin, so I will give an introduction to setting it up.
If you are using a plugin and is not happy with it, you can switch to its alternative. Or if your site has data related to the plugin, you can then do a proper migration by doing a data import. Yoast SEO comes with import and export tool, and it has options for importing from All -in-One SEO as well: Dashboard >> SEO >> Tools >> Import and Export >> Import from other SEO plugins.
After the installation and activation of WordPress SEO by Yoast plugin, you will have an “SEO” icon on the left menu inside the Dashboard.
In the General part, come to Webmaster Tools tab to add meta codes.
Titles & Metas
In this section, you will choose your title separator that shows between your post titles and website name. People often use “|”.
Just fill in your Social Profile URLs to get a proper linking of your social media accounts with your site.
The sitemap is an important component because it is associated with the search engines and the published contents. Make sure to select the checkbox below and checkbox of User Sitemap tab.
Both WordPress SEO by Yoast and All in one SEO plugins are very popular, widely used and highly rated by users. You can check features of each plugin individually and decide which one should be utilized. On WordPress Arena, we are using WordPress SEO by Yoast plugin because of its constant updates and improvements. And we are fully satisfied with it.
2. All In One SEO Plugin
The latest version of All in One SEO Pack plugin has options for adding your WordPress blogs home title, description, and keywords. The most advantageous option for SEO is the Rewrite Titles option. This option will display the more search engine friendly title of your post before the name of your blog in the title tag. Helping the keywords in your post title will get your post picked up first by the search engines.
- XML sitemap options.
- Unique performance optimizer.
- Fewer features to get your head around.
- UI design isn’t good.
- Too limited for SEO.
All In One SEO Plugin Features
- XML Sitemap support – submit your sitemap to Google and Bing and improve your SEO
- Google AMP support (Accelerated Mobile Pages)
- Google Analytics support
- Support for SEO on Custom Post Types
- Advanced Canonical URLs
- Redirect attachment pages to parent post
- Automatically notifies search engines like Google and Bing about changes to your site
- Built-in API so other plugins/themes can access and extend functionality
- ONLY free plugin to provide SEO Integration for e-Commerce sites, including WooCommerce
- Nonce Security built into All in One SEO Pack
- Automatically optimizes your titles for Google and other search engines
- Generates META tags automatically
- Avoids the typical duplicate content found on WordPress blogs
- For beginners, you don’t even have to look at the options; it works out-of-the-box. Just install.
- For advanced users, you can fine-tune everything to optimize your SEO
- You can override any title and set any META description and any META keywords you want.
- Compatibility with many other plugins
- Translated into 57 languages
- PHP 7 100% Compatible
Check out the tutorial in a video format!
The above two plugins and options, as well as good keyword rich titles and of course original content, will help you to top search engine rankings easily. Continued use of best recommended Google practices will get you in the top of the search engines in no time. Don’t believe me? Then, try any of the above SEO plugins and follow the guidelines of Google and Top Search Engine gurus.
Let me know your thoughts in the comments section below.