Updated: This review is outdated. We recommend HireBee Theme as it’s a lot better than the other one in terms of Support and updates.
Thoughtfully designed, FreelanceEngine is a versatile marketplace theme that is a perfect fit for every freelance website. Handling a freelance business website can be tedious so the EngineThemes has come up with a theme that is not only easy to use but is also equipped with all the necessary tools for a successful freelance website.
The image below represents the older version of FreelanceEngine. (Extremely awesome)
Integrated with e-commerce plugins, earning revenue by charging transactions is within a matter of a few minutes with FreelanceEngine.
Table of Contents
- Key Features
- Theme Panel option
- Special settings panel
- Listing and Search option
- Profile search mode
- Project search mode
- Payment and Membership
- Packages creation
- Project posting and submission
- Revolution slider plugin (Depreciated in the latest version)
- Video Background
- Income tool
- Review system
- Our Word
- Extremely flexible and easily customizable to meet your needs.
- It allows you to display top features on the homepage to bring traffic and let the viewers know what is in store for them.
- Call to action button for posting new projects.
- No external tool required.
- Project bidding and transactions are easy, safe and work seamlessly on the website.
- A private project workplace for sending messages.
- Highly responsive web design that is compatible with every device.
- Multiple payment gateways such as PayPal, Stripe, and 2Checkout to facilitate every customer.
- Mobile SEO friendly that offers Yoast SEO integration.
- High resolution for a picture as well as the video.
- Content sections can be easily added using homepage builder.
- The range of demos to choose from. You can preview demo and get the idea of how your site will look.
- Language support lets you translate the theme in various languages.
- SEO oriented and supports Yoast, Schema markup, and other plugins.
Theme Panel option
The theme has a powerful theme options panel that enables you to manage the basic details of your site. All the general information can be easily managed through the admin panel. The social media buttons are available on the dashboard.
Special settings panel
The users can easily configure payment gateways using the special settings panel. Choose whichever payment method you require and you are good. In the payment gateways, you can add a preferred currency you want your marketplace to run on.
Listing and Search option
The theme provides a front-end custom listing form for adding jobs. You can also add custom fields for listing form as per your job requirement. Moreover, for attachment, XLS, PDF, JPG, PNG, and DOC are supported. Skills list, project budget box, location and job milestones (total phases to complete the job) are some of its other features.
The listing displays information in a nicely arranged style that gives a very professional feel to the site.
Profile search mode
FreelanceEngine also offers a profile search mode which comes with filters. You can search for your potential employees based on the particular skill that you entered. This module enables you to find the worker that best meets your needs. The profiles can be sorted with an hourly rate, highest ratings, newest profiles, projects worked, location, skills, earnings and even with a keyword filter.
Project search mode
The project search option appears at the top of the listing page. The module comes with fields that you can easily customize as you like. you can add a ‘featured project’ and even display it on the homepage.
Payment and Membership
The theme offers three premium packages. You can also get the PRO membership to enjoy full access to all the EngineThemes.
This feature allows the employers to create different packages to charge from the freelancers in the dashboard. It also gives an option of the free package to attract the users to use your platform more often.
Project posting and submission
FreelanceEngine makes the project posting and submission hassle free. Coupled with a user-friendly interface, even the beginners will find it extremely easy to post and submit the project.
The best part about this theme is that you can customize everything without having any prior coding knowledge.
Revolution slider plugin (Depreciated in the latest version)
The theme comes integrated with the revolution slider plugin that allows you to create a slider section that looks very professional.
FreelanceEngine also offers you to use video as a background which is a very interesting feature. You can add an introductory video explaining either your business or motivation behind the business that looks very appealing and brings traffic.
With FreelanceEngine, you can charge fees for posting jobs, featuring jobs, placing ads and take commission fees for each project via Escrow system.
The theme offers popular extensions compatibility. Yoast SEO, WP Total Cache, and a lot other popular extensions work well with the theme.
The review system is available for employers as well as employees.
Customizable sidebars can be made and easily moved throughout the web pages.
In a nutshell, FreelanceEngine is one of the most powerful freelance marketplace themes available out there. It is your all-in-one package that does not require any additional plugins or tool installation of any sort.
It’s a wrap from us!