I’m in the process of setting up a multisite network features for WPArena, and I’m looking to make it as easy as possible now to add and configure sites when needed. I’m currently at the phase where I’m dealing with plugins. So here I am sharing the best Plugins which is the same plugin previously available at Firestats: WPMUPluginCommander, and has been used reliably with WordPress multi-site networks for many years.
Plugin Commander is a plugin for managing WordPress Multisite plugins that are activated network-wide. If you have a large Multisite network, you may want to consider installing this one. It has recently been updated for WordPress 3.0.5
Features of Plugin Commander:
* Mark any plugin in the plugins directory to be automatically activated for new blogs.
* Mass activate or deactivate a plugin for all existing blogs.
* Choose which plugins users can activate and deactivate through Manage->Plugins
* Activate and deactivate plugins for specific blogs, even if the blog owner is not allowed to control those plugins.
After Activating, Go to Plugin Commander under Tools and You will find Following Features Under Control panel of This Plugin:
When auto activation is on for a plugin, newly created blogs will have that plugin activated automatically.
this does not effect existing blogs.
When user control is enabled for a plugin, all users will be able to activate/deactivate the plugin through the Manage->Plugins menu.
This menu will only appear if there is at least one plugin with user control enabled.
Note: if you want to use this, be sure to disable the built-in plugins menu from Site Admin->Options->Menus to prevent users from activating plugins which should not be under user control.
Mass activate and Mass deactivate buttons activate/deactivates the specified plugin for all blogs. this only effects existing blogs.
Must have Plugins if You have Multiple Authors in WordPress
Here’s the List :
- Role Manager
- Author Advertising Plugin
- Pre-Publish Post Reminder
- Blog Metrics
- Posts by Author
- Co-Authors Plus
- Author Exposed
- Author Comment WordPress Plugin
- Quick Notes On WP Dashboard
- Send Private Email
- User Extra