The default WordPress theme is probably the most popular and the base of many other themes that have been created after it. Changing the color of the default WordPress themes header is a way to keep a simple uncluttered look yet making it stand out and look different.
Steps to Change Theme Header Color
To change the header colors of the WordPress theme, follow the following steps.
- Click Appearance and then the Header sub-menu.
- There are five options as shown below in this submenu.
- The gradient header is and made up of three colors, font, upper and lower. Clicking the corresponding tabs to choose a color can easily change these colors. Click Revert to change it back to the default blue color.
- The Advanced tab allows for even more fine-tuning by specifying a hex color code. To find a hex color code you can Google hex colors and find the codes for the colors you want.
- After you find the hex color code you want simply copy and paste it into the corresponding areas in the Advanced tab and click Update Header.
View your site to see if you like the new look, if not just go back and keep trying.
Changing the header colors of the default WordPress theme is an easy way to customize WordPress without going through the hassle of searching for new and different themes.