When you setup a wordpress theme, you have the default WordPress comments system which is quite good and simple, but there are several other comments plugins which you could use for various reasons like using Commentluv, Simple Ajax Insert Comments – WordPress Plugin for giving a backlink to the commentor’s website or there is Disqus comments which is a community based comments system and shows relevant stuff from all around the Disqus network.
Posts Tagged ‘COMMUNITY’
AtContent plugin helps content owners to reach new audiences, provides backlinks for their posts and gains content control across the Internet. With this plugin, professionals are able to prevent plagiarism, monetize reposts and sell their work: articles, books, magazines, files.
AtContent Plugin Review
AtContent brands your post with your name by wrapping it in a special widget allowing to read and repost publications for free or for a fee.
The plugin can be found in a free version, available on WordPress.
Why to install?
- Your content gets branded with your name. With reposts and plagiarism prevention you always get credit for your work.
- You gain full control over your content with the opportunity to block unwanted copies.
- AtContent plugin increases your site’s search ranking by getting free backlinks for every publication.
- AtContent helps you to increase your readership by getting new audience on other sites.
- Content monetization has never been so easy and diverse!
Step 1: Installation and connection
When you download the plugin, AtContent can be installed like any other plugin. After the installation, in the left side of the dashboard the AtContent Menu appears.
The menu contains the following options:
- AtContent – here you can brand your posts and get as many backlinks as many posts you have. Additional features – plagiarism prevention, reposts monetization, comments and notifications also available here.
- Connection – on this tab you can connect your blog to AtContent and use all its advantages.
- Known Issues – here you can turn off AtContent processing for specific pages and customize AtContent integration with other plugins.
Connection to AtContent platform
The AtContent plugin provides all its functions only when it is connected to AtContent platform. To connect the plugin you need to click the “Connect” button from AtContent or Connection tabs.
If you do not have an AtContent account you will be asked to create one. Connect with Facebook or fill in the fields:
Once the plugin is activated and connected,you get the ability to control your content all over across the Internet, not just on your blog.
Step 2: Settings
On the AtContent tabyou can brand your posts and get backlinks by clicking “Import”.
- Prevent plagiarism for all posts – disable usual browser tools to copy and paste text, e.g. Ctrl+C and context menu.
- Turn on paid repost for all posts – charge your readers for reposting any your publication. Mainly, this option is for people who have lots of quality content and don’t want to give it away for free.
- Import post comments into AtContent plugin comments – this turns all comments you already have to AtContent comments. AtContent comments are visible and can be answered on any website where the publication was reposted.
- Reset all AtContent settings– brings all settings to default.
- Turn off plugin features for a main page – this turns off widget wrapping for main page posts. This is done because widgets may have improper display in non-standard WordPress themes. When you have all your posts imported or have created the first post after plugin installation, uncheck this checkbox and look at the main page of your blog. If it looks ok, leave it, if it is not, check it again.
- Turn off plugin comments – if you do not want AtContent plugin comments, turn it off here.
- Turn off “Share and repost and get $$$” line – to turn off the invitation to share your paid posts check this checkbox.
For instant content branding, cloud backup and backlinks it’s needed to import your blog posts to AtContent. For this you only need to click the “Import” button on a plugin settings page and wait a few minutes. After the process is done every your post must get the following panel at the bottom:
If it did not appear, go to the settings and uncheck the “Turn off plugin features for a main page” option.
Step 3: Creating paid and paid repost publications
AtContent plugin tweaks the publication process and adds the opportunity to charge your readers for reading or reposting your posts. Look at the AtContent Post Settings Panel at the bottom of the usual post editor:
- Process post through AtContent API – if this option is turned off you will disable AtContent plugin for this post.
- Protect post from plagiarism – disable usual browser tools to copy and paste text, e.g. Ctrl+C and context menu.
- Post type – Free/Donate/Paid/Paid Repost.
- Import post comments into AtContent – import WordPress comments to AtContent for interaction with reposters and their readers.
If you select “Paid” type of publication, the second text field will appear on the post creation screen. The upper field if for the free part of your post. Here you should add a brief description that attracts readers to buy the full version. The lower text field is for the paid part, which cannot be seen unless a reader pays the needed amount of money.
A paid publication with expanded purchase panel is displayed below:
Donatable and paid repost publications can be created in the same way, except you select other publication type.
Are you a WordPress developer or a Web Designer who uses WordPress to develop websites for your clients? Have you ever wished that it was easier to customize the menu’s and logo’s in WordPress and to decide which menu’s the users have access to? With White Label Branding for WordPress you can do exactly this. Take full control over the branding in wp-admin and decide who has access to what features. With the latest version of White Label Branding you have the ultimate tool for customizing WordPress admin and your login screen.
Icecat is an open catalog, wich means that all of the data is open to everyone!
- Icecat offers data of 5938 brands
- It has a total of 1521587 datasheetsavailable
- Click here for a full list of free brands
And best of all, most of them are free!
A WordPress plugin that will assist in creating beautiful content boxes by using 1 simple shortcode. Each of these boxes can contain a header, an image, some content and an optional link which can point to any given location. Boxes can be added to any section in your WordPress theme that supports shortcodes, so basically anywhere.
LinkShare eStore Affiliates is a plugin that allows you to create a store featuring products from a wide variety of merchants, worldwide stores and more, in just minutes.
With the LinkShare Affiliates program you are given access to a wide variety of merchants and products, including Apple iTunes, Wallmart, Dell and many others. If you want to offer brand recognition and popular products on your website, Linkshare is a great choice.
Are you running a WordPress Multisite Network? Are you a WordPress developer or a Web Designer who uses WordPress to develop websites for your clients? Have you ever wished that it was easier to customize the menu’s and logo’s on each sub-site in your WordPress Multisite Network? Would you like to give each sub-site the ability to do their own branding? Look no further! This plugin let you control the branding of the main site and all sub-sites in a network of websites powered by WordPress Multisite.
Security Ninja contains 19 separate security tests. Once you click the “Run Tests” button all tests will be run. Depending on various parameters of your site this can take from ten seconds to 2-3 minutes. Please don’t reload the page until testing is done.
WordPress is very strong platform to publish and promote your thinking by powering blog and Website on it. No one commenting on your blog posts? Get the conversation start giving the option to readers to comment with an account they’ve already set up, then you will be much more likely to get some interaction.
There are 3rd party commenting systems like eComments – easy commenting system, Disqus, IntenseDebate, Livefyre, Automatic Comments, Facebook Premium Client Application, along with others that work cross-platform regardless of what programming language or scripts your site is based on.
Today, I’m going to compile a list of the most commonly used (by bloggers and site owners) WordPress Plugins and 3rd party commenting and discussion systems, along with their key features and a couple of useful links for your reference.
Best 3rd Party Commenting Systems and WordPress Plugins
Let your readers choose to comment via Facebook, Twitter, Google or regular old WordPress – developed for WPMU.org, now available for you!
Here are some cool features:
- This plugin effectively allows you to combine comments from all these different services, rather than picking just one
- If users choose Facebook or Twitter, comments are by default posted to their own accounts, extra exposure for you!
- Fully integrated with subscribe by email with Facebook and Google
- Works beautifully with any theme (and if you have any issues we’ll sort you right up!)
Useful Comments Plus Related Links:
- Comments on Your WordPress Site with Comments Plus
- Comment Using Their Facebook, Twitter, Google or WordPress IDs
No one commenting on your blog posts? Get the conversation started with the Auto Comment plugin. Auto Comment automatically posts a comment on every new blog like: “Did anyone else see this?”, “Who has experience with this?”, “Has anyone tried this?”, etc.
This Facebook Plugins for WordPress is the ultimate and most advanced plugin to integrate Facebook Plugins, Dialogs and Facebook comments into your blog or website. It’s using WordPress shortcodes to make it very simple to add a Facebook plugin or dialog into any blog post or page. The plugins also comes with 4 widgets ready to be customized + a way to automatically add a Like button and/or the Facebook comment system into all your posts and pages.
- 7 Facebook plugins that can be integrated with one line of code.
- 2 dialogs using native Facebook popups.
- Shortcode support for all the plugins and dialogs.
- 4 widgets ready to be customized.
- Automatically add a Like Button to all your posts or pages.
- Automatically integrate Facebook comment to all posts and pages.
- Easy way to customize the look and options of the plugins.
- A way to disable the WordPress default comments.
- Rich documentation and each shortcode option is documented.
- Compatible with the Facebook WPress for WordPress.
Disqus is the most used comment management system amongst bloggers and website owners. Integrating Disqus with your website and blog can be fairly simple. After signed up with Disqus, Under Admin, Click on Tools and go to the Import / Export section to find out more instructions on how to import your existing comments from various platforms (WordPress, Blogger, Movable Type, or other commenting systems) to Disqus.
Are you really attached to your phone? Our suite of mobile apps is the perfect fix if you’re looking to manage your community on the go. Moderate, reply, search, and manage straight from your iPhone, Android, or webOS phone!
- Compatible with search engines, in another word – SEO friendly.
- Integrates with Akismet.
- Allows commenters to post as guest, or login via OpenID or social networks IDs (Facebook, Twitter, Google and Yahoo).
- Allows user to flag comments.
- Easy comment moderation via admin panels.
- Supports blacklist/ whitelist and word filtering.
- Allows site owner to display Tweets and other reactions.
Disqus: Useful Links:
- Disqus official website | Sign up
- Disqus features
- Disqus blog
- Disqus premium
- Disqus demo
- Disqus for users
- Disqus for developers
IntenseDebate is a feature-rich comment system for WordPress, Blogger, Tumblr and many other blogging/CMS platforms. IntenseDebate is an Automattic product, the same guys who brought you WordPress, PollDaddy, Akismet and other cool web services.
- Supports numerous widgets to show off your comment stats, most recent comments, most popular comments and top commenters.
- Allows users to login via OpenID, Twitter, Facebook or even WordPress.com ID.
- Developers can take advantage of the Plugins API to make commenting and discussion even more interesting. E.g., adding PollDaddy polls, embedding YouTube Videos, etc.
IntenseDebate: Useful Links:
- IntenseDebate official website | Sign up
- IntenseDebate features
- IntenseDebate blog
- IntenseDebate WordPress plugin
- IntenseDebate help page
- Contact IntenseDebate
Livefyre is the first real-time comment platform built from the ground up for the social web. But what is it really about and what is it doing? Find the main features:
- Connecting people and their friends to real-time discussions about topics they like.
- Bringing comments up to speed with the rest of the web.
- Having LIVE conversations about LIVE events.
- Building community around the content you create.
- Providing a platform where communities can engage in real-time across sites.
- Interacting with our community and participating in the conversation.
- Building the the newest innovative tools that connect you to the social web.
- Listening to your feedback to give you the best experience possible.
- Sharing the hot topics that the world is talking about.
- Empowering our users to share their thoughtful opinions with the world.
- The future of commenting and conversations on the Internet.
LiveFyre Related Links:
- LiveFyre official website | Sign up
- LiveFyre demo
- LiveFyre features
- LiveFyre blog
- LiveFyre help page
Janrain Engage increases site registrations and generates referral traffic to your site by allowing users to easily register and login via an existing account with Facebook, Google, Twitter, Yahoo!, LinkedIn and other social platforms. Users also can publish their comments or activities from your site to multiple social networks simultaneously.
References Useful Resources:
Gigya Socialize WordPress Plugin – Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, Google, Yahoo, AOL
Top 3rd Party Commenting Systems – Reviewed
Authenticating Users With Facebook Connect and Google Friend Connect
Stunning Facebook WordPress Plugins For Bloggers
You must have seen a website with premium content, for that you have to become a paid member. You can create your own Membership Site using WordPress and increase your blogging revenue. In this article, I will share a Free and Premium WordPress Plugins that will allow you to create your own Membership site, Like a Tuts+.
With Membership sites you can build blog community which will help you to increase your revenue. You can have more interaction with your members by creating selective group of users. You can provide them instant support, reply to each comments, and much more.
If you are creating quality content, then you must be compensated for that. With Membership sites both you and members are a win-win situation because it guarantees quality content to users, and bloggers are guaranteed a regular income which encourages them to keep blogging. If you havea design blog, you can provide a tutorial for free, and give source file downloads to premium members ONLY. So Step forward to download Free or Premium Plugin for your own choice and create a Membership site.
Premium WordPress Plugins For Membership site:
Jigowatt’s WordPress Premium Content plugin allows you to easily set up a web site with content which is only accessible to users registered with an active PayPal subscription. You can easily manage your subscribers, change subscription prices and set up custom membership renewal options (annual, bi-annual or just month by month).
Your premium content can be split into as many tiers as you like, allowing for easy creation of “Gold”, “Silver” and “Bronze” memberships, each of which given access to different levels of your premium content.
The plugin includes a front-end subscription page with built in registration and there is IP based security to prevent subscription sharing.
- Take payments via PayPal (optionally makes use of the PayPal IPN )
- Auto-renew subscriptions or just one-off payments
- Give posts premium status and a content level (for tiered access to content)
- Hide entire posts via an easy to use write panel
- Hide parts of posts using a [premium] shortcode
- Front-end Subscription page with user registration built in – easily customisable with a new template page in your theme
- IP Based security to prevent users logging in at the same time and sharing a subscription
- Admin section for managing subscribers, membership packs, and plugin settings.
Once you activate the plugin, you will see a new menu option added to your wp-admin panel called Magic Members. Once you click on that button, you will see that Magic Members has it’s own version of configuration panel.
Magic Members Main Options
You can see that there are bunch of features starting from adding member types, to controlling your content, payment options and more. So many features can be very confusing for beginner level users, which is why there is a support video attached to each section. These videos are step by step tutorials on how to configure that specific section. If you are still having problems with something, then there is FREE unlimited support.
Multiple Membership Levels
You can offer different membership access to different areas (such as downloads, tutorials etc). You can charge separate for each area and increase your revenue stream.
Easy to integrate with Existing or New WordPress Blogs
It is a WordPress plugin that is compatible with all themes. All you have to do is follow few easy steps and let it work it’s magic.
Flexible Membership Options
Aside from multiple levels, you can set different membership billing options (weekly, yearly, trimester etc).
Payment Integration Modules
You can allow your members to pay with Paypal, Authorize.net, ClickBank, and WorldPay. You can pick one of them, or you can pick all of them, it is entirely up to you.
Control Subscription Length
You can control how long memberships are valid with membership expiration. Set different expiration for different user type. This feature works great for trial memberships.
Unlimited Coupon Creation
You can create a coupon to offer a fixed price or a percentage discount on current or new subscription payments.
If you have multiple membership levels, you might want to redirect them to different landing pages. This features comes in handy when you are trying to send different member updates, news, and/or welcome messages.
Sequential Course Delivery System
If you are a building a course system with your membership site, then this feature is extremely useful. You can control when the content becomes available for users to see. For example, you can have a new lesson / day for 30 days.
Controlled Content Access
You can control which content is visible to each membership level. For example, standard members can only see the basic tutorials whereas Gold members can download source files.
Partial Content Display
You can use the shortcode [ private ] [ /private ] to hide exclusive content within the post. For example a download link to the PSD source file or something else. This feature is particularly useful in providing “teaser” articles that give just enough information that will make non-members want to become members.
Pay Per Post Access
There are times when users don’t want to pay a monthly fee when they only want to see a few articles. This option allows you to charge per post access. User will pay for the access of a specific post.
Entire Blog Protection
You can completely prevent non-members from accessing any information. Anytime a user tries to access a page, they will be redirected to the login page.
Custom Error Pages
Maintain a consistent look and feel across your entire membership site by easily creating custom error pages.
Secure RSS Tokens
This feature allows you to send content via RSS feeds without worrying about non-members accessing it.
This feature allows you to protect downloads from being accessed by unauthorized members and guests. Only users with a specific permission level can access the file.
Simple Member Management
Magic Members allows you to see all of your members, their status, level and other information in one easy to read location. You can easily upgrade, pause, deactivate or delete a member with a single click.
This plugin is more than just a normal Membership plugin. Beside displaying Premium content to your paying members only, this plugin also manages Pre Post Advertisements. This plugin is designed to work both as a standalone premium membership plugin and it work’s together and extends the possibilities of the WP Pre Advertisement plugin.
Subscription payments are made using the Paypal IPN . The users can choose either to subscribe for recurring payments so there Premium membership will be updated every month automatically or to buy a single Premium membership which will expire.
This plugin is super easy to install. You just upload it to WordPress, add your Paypal email address and your ready to go!
- Manage Premium content
- Only show Premium content to paying members
- Manage pre post advertisements
- Set permissions on who does and who doesn’t see pre post advertisements
- Automatically remove all advertisements from every post
- Automatically add advertisements to all your posts
- Manage your Premium members
- Paypal IPN to handle user subscriptions
- Paypal Recurring Payments
There is a tutorial Creating a Subscription Site Using WordPress, He will walk you through creating a subscription site using WordPress and PayPal Subscriptions. By the end of this tutorial, you will be able to create and personalize the WordPress registration page and login page, create custom registration fields tailored to your site, and restrict content based on category and if the user is logged in. Along the way, He provide insights to WordPress fundamentals, and help point the way to further learning. This is a great WordPress tutorial for intermediate to advanced users who want to learn how to easily and effectively create subscription sites and use WordPress as a content-management-system.
WishList Member is a powerful membership script that can turn any WordPress blog into a full blown membership site.
The best part is, it’s easy to use*. Just unzip, upload and within minutes you can have your own membership site up and running.
- Unlimited Membership Levels
- Simple Installation With New or Existing WordPress Blog
- Flexible Membership Options
- Sequential Content Delivery
- Control Viewed Content
- Shopping Cart Integration
- Easy Member Management
- Total Content Protection
- Secure RSS Feeds
- Subscription Length Control
- Login Redirection
- “Sneak Peak” Content Display
- Custom Error Pages
- Partial Content Display
Free WordPress Plugins For Membership site:
Membership allows you to transform your WordPress site into a fully functional membership site – where you can provide access to downloads, online content, videos, forums, support and more through flexible membership levels and options. Simple to use and massively flexible – this will meet all of your membership sites needs. So if you’d like to create a site like GigaOm, Izzy Video, PSD Tuts, now you can do that with ease!
More Instructions on setup
References and Other Useful Resources:
The Furniture Store – WordPress eCommerce Shop
The Clothes Shop -WordPress eCommerce
3 Ways to Speed Up the WordPress Membership Site Creation Process
Building A Membership Site with WordPress
WordPress As A Membership Site
How to Use WordPress as a Membership Directory
FX Star – WordPress Theme
Chow WordPress Restaurant Theme
Digitalis – Business and Portfolio WordPress Theme
ReviewIt – Review & Community WordPress Theme
DynamiX – Premium WordPress Theme
WordPress was a single-site platform but WordPress 3.0 already have the functionality to run MultiSites, before that it require to use WordPress MU, which enables multiuser (multi-tenant) installations with multiple sites all under one roof.
MultiSite functionality is not enabled by default in WordPress 3.0, You need to check out the new MultiSite settings in the WP Admin under Tools > Network. To enable MultiSite, you need to add the following line of code in wp-config.php file:
A new link “Create a Network” will appear in the WP Admin under the Tools menu, After uploading your updated config.php file to the server, where you will define a few options and create a network.
Clicking on the Network link in the Tools menu loads the network setup/installation page. It should look like this:
After adding required information in “Create a Network”, install and update your wp-config.php file and .htaccess. Before updating never forget to backup your both file.
Now you will see a New feature in admin panel as “Super Admin” in Dashboard.
Welcome, Super Admin!
You are now “Super Admin,” and have ultimate control over every site in your network. Here you can mange Create New Site, Create New User along with other options. The good news is that all of your network settings are available through the Super Admin menu panel located at the top of the left sidebar.
Enable Multisite in WordPress 3.0 With One Click!
Easily upgrade your WordPress 3.0 blog into Multi-Site with the click of a single button.
This plugin takes care of most of the dirty work of installing Multi-Site on WordPress 3.0. However, there may be some server-side changes you may need to do before upgrading to Multi-Site. Please refer to Plugin Documentation or the WordPress Codex before using this plugin.
WordPress 3 MultiSite Setup:
Common WordPress Multisite Problems and Solutions
Enable Multisite in WordPress 3.0 With One Click.
How to enable Multi-Site option in WordPress 3.0
How to Enable WordPress 3.0 Multi-Site