How to manipulate image sizes to speed up WordPress blog load times
Loading time of web site directly impact users and ranking position. As compare to text, images take more time to load and search engines indexed those web pages which have less load time and user spend time that give good impression to search engines.
To load your image fast, you will have to optimize images by manipulating their size. I recommend you to use compression of images to light up your sites’ load. To load quickly your web pages images, make smaller image in size. Here are a few simple rules— they will help you minimize image sizes and will reduce the loading times. More about Image file formats.
Image File Formats:
- Never use BMP file, because there is no space on web page for them now.
- GIF formate is the most best if you are not using photograph in your image, because GIF support few colors and photographs need thousand of colors.
- JPG is the best option, if you have large image. You can control its quality and its copression property. So compressed it as your requirement. Open and Save your JPG file in Paint will reduce the file size.
- PNG format is ideal for both solid colors and photographs. They display abetter image quality than JPG files.
With Adobe Photoshop always use its feature called “Save for the web”, it will reduce the image size and load time substantially. An other open source alternative Gimp, you can get high-quality images that look identical to the big master files. As well, you can try the Online Image Optimizer or JPEG Wizard for free optimization of your images on the internet!
Images for Search Engines:
Search engines special Google Image Search is the most efficient tools to drive more traffic and more leads to your website. By using the following techniques you can increase the ranking of the images on your websites, that ultimately will increase your web site traffic.
- Always use Appropriate Images: Use your own or try to search on Google according to your requirement and image must be relevant to your post content. Ask permission if needed.
- Optimize your images as explained above
- Give the proper name to your image and better to use keyword as a name.
- Do not forget to provide Descriptive text for your images.
I am sure by using these quid lines, your web site can achieve better ranking in images search.
References and resources:
Speed Up Your Site: Optimize Images
Using site speed in web search ranking
Optimizing Images to Top Image Search
How to Optimize Your Site for Better Loading Time
Speed Up Your Blog – Loading Times Are More Important Than You Think
AgentPress helps industry savvy real estate agents like you build a better business with its intuitive design, powerful functionality, and smart listings.