There are many ways to run online business. If you have plans to make some money online, WordPress so for a best platform for small business owners specially if you are a freelancer. The big edge of running a website on WordPress is that you can extend the functionality of WordPress to grow your business independently. So let us check the few important and innovative plugins of invoicing systtem to manage client and making money from your website.
Online Invoicing System Powered by WordPress
If you are a Freelancer, With WordPress powered website you can run a fully-featured invoicing system by enhancing WordPress functionality that allows you to send itemized bills to your clients and integrate with payment gateways like Google Checkout, Authorize.net or PayPal. You can read all about Best Online Invoicing and Billing Tools for Web Designers on this link and I am compiling a list of the WordPress plugins for invoicing systems.
Friendly Manual Order Processing for WP E -Commerce provides an easy-to-use and flexible way for you or your client to process orders directly from the WordPress back end without having to go through the payment process necessary on the front end of the site.
WP-Invoice is a plugin from TwinCitiesTech that lets you create invoices right in your WordPress Administration screen. WP-Invoice lets WordPress blog owners send itemized invoices to their clients. Ideal for web developers, SEO consultants, general contractors, or anyone with a WordPress blog and clients to bill. The plugin ties into WP’s user management database to keep track of your clients and their information.
Wp3i is a WordPress plugin to manage invoices for freelance web designers / developers.
- Create and track your invoices and quotes
- Send stylish invoices to clients via HTML email.
- Create a custom php templates for invoices, quotes and HTML emails
- invoice templates use native WordPress code to make life easy
- See live statistics of your income
- Well designed interface
- Customise Currency, tax and more
- Completely FREE!
- Supports I18n
- Pay online though PayPal
CollabPress adds project and task management functionality to WordPress. Easily create projects and assign tasks to users.
- Unlimited projects, task lists, tasks, and comments
- Easily edit/delete projects, task lists, tasks, and comments
- Front-end shortcode support
- BuddyPress group integration
- File upload on projects, task lists, task, and comments
- Email notifications for new tasks and comments
- Task due dates with a calendar view
- Uses built-in WordPress user accounts
- Activity log tracking all activity
If you’re a freelancer, a web design agency or simply a WordPress consultant, Technical Support for WordPress is a way to provide quality support to your clients. After setting up a WordPress powered website for your client, install the Technical Support plugin, which will enhance your client’s Dashboard with a new widget for submitting support tickets directly to your e-mail.
FV Testimonials brings you easy management of your testimonials.
- Easy to use and configured straight out of the box
- Takes extensive care on testimonials images, resizes them to correct user-defined size
- Easy embedding of testimonials everywhere on site
- Requires almost no installation (just copy and activate)
- Doesn’t create database overage (just a single additional query on a page with testimonials)
Advanced client portal allows you to centralize all of your interactions with clients by combining client management and invoice management.
- Create multiple projects per client, upload documents, media, links, and post messages
- Create professional invoices for clients.
- Download PDF versions of invoices.
- Messaging system allows general conversations, as well as conversations specific to a project, document, or invoice.
- Inline media player via flowplayer.
- Projects can be organized by phase.
- Email notifications for account activity (messages, documents, invoices, etc)
- Security via sophisticated authentication system that also protects files. No one will be able to access a document or file not associated with their account.
- Create multiple administrators.
- Comes with an easy to use installation wizard.
- Built using an MVC architechture making it easily extensible.
eInvoice is a invoice generate system, with html & pdf format. easy to email to client. Nice template with easy to print out. You can also create your own template. just use two line, you can create your own invoice.
Invoice Design Examples
I would love to hear feedback from people who rely on WordPress to run their business.
Other References and Resources:
20 Invoicing Tools for Web Designers
Freelancing with WordPress: The Future of Invoicing with WordPress
blog post about WP-FreeLance
Free WordPress Plugins and Themes that are Perfect for Freelancers
an easy Online Invoicing System or Invoicing Software Solution
Invoice Like A Pro: Examples and Best Practices